General Dynamics Information Technology OBIM Customer Support Analyst (SRF 3108) in Arlington, Virginia
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Active Clearance Required
GDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and professional services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM, formerly US-VISIT), GDIT performs operations and maintenance (O&M) of the Automated Biometric Identification System’s (IDENT) production and non-production environments and associated business systems. In support of this effort, GDIT provides Task Order Management, Datacenter Operations, Disaster Recovery/Continuity of Operations, System Management and Monitoring, Service Request Management, Technology Analysis, and Non-production Support (to include Program Support Systems and Transition).
GDIT seeks a Customer Support Analyst with proven experience in Tier 2 Service Desk support and working knowledge of research using various databases. Primary shift will be Monday - Friday 7:00 - 3:30 PM. As a member of the OBIM Service Desk team, you will direclty support our mission to provide timely, accurate, and customer-focused support in resolving biometric inconsistencies in various support platforms and as reported by our client. You will be at the forefront of ever-changing support requirements assisting both civilian- and government-oriented agencies and missions that impact biometric systems and services. This position may require the ability to work outside normal business hours and support alternate shift schedules. If you possess the core skills, this is an excellent opportunity to develop or enhance your biometric management skills, in addition to developing a career path for new opportunities. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Create, analyze, and resolve Tier 2 biometric incidents submitted by our customers
• Ticket creation and documentation using Remedy
• Respond to customer requests via email and/or telephone answering system
• Liaise with the government client on biometric issues
• Assist on technical bridges for biometric service and system outages
• Evaluate changes in biometric methodology and created supporting knowledge articles
To qualify, you must have these minimum skills/experience:
• U.S. Citizenship
• DHS HQ EOD required to start; must be able to obtain DHS HQ Final Suitability
• AA/AS degree or equivalent in related discipline + 6 yrs related experience
• Strong knowledge of Remedy or other ticketing systems, beyond the basic ticket creation level
• Applied research expertise on multiple complex work assignments, broad in nature and requiring originality and innovationPreferred skills/experience:
• BS or equivalent + 5 yrs related experience, or MS + 3 yrs related experience
• Experiencewith Tier 2 Service Desk support
• ITIL Foundations
• Strong biometric research techniques and methodologies
• Experience researching and creating detailed knowledge articles for team use and resolution of customer requirements
• Ability to apply a complex research skills to resolve customer issues
• Strong skills to facilitate and document a technical bridge as expediently as possible
• Strong leadership and client relation skills
• Ability to manage time; work on a team or independently
• Knowledge of Active Call Directory functions and software tools
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA VA Arlington - 3434 N Washington Blvd (VAS001)
Additional Work Locations:
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.