General Dynamics Information Technology Senior Systems Engineer in Daleville, Alabama
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
No Active Clearance Required
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Active Clearance Required
No Suitability Required
GDIT is the Prime contractor for the Flight School XXI (FSXXI) program, which supports the United States Army Aviation Center of Excellence (USAACE). Located in Daleville, AL, GDIT owns and operates the facilities that provide flight simulator training.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Systems Engineer, specializing in modeling and simulation in Daleville, Alabama. This position requires a minimum of 8 years of experience in aircraft modeling and simulation with a preference in the areas of aerodynamics, flight dynamics, control systems, and instrumentation. The successful candidate will evaluate technical solutions to simulation problems, create technical proposals involving aircraft simulation, and be able to process and analyze large data sets. Relocation assistance is available.
Tasks and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
· Evaluating and developing low-risk technical approaches and solutions
· Participating in proposal development, reviewing and responding to performance work statements, and reviewing technical proposals provided by subcontactors
· Participating in testing of simulator modifications and concurrency upgrades
· Interacting with government customers to understand technical concerns, specifications and advising our customers on best practice approaches in systems engineering
To qualify, the successful candidate must meet these basic qualifications:
· Ability to obtain a Secret clearance or higher
- A master’s, bachelor’s, or equivalent experience in systems engineering or related field with demonstrated practical systems engineering experience in flight simulation
· Eight or more years’ experience in flight simulation design, modifications, and upgrades.
· Demonstrated experience working with simulation-specific programming languages, operating systems, hardware, and software
Other Qualifications we will look for in our winning candidate include:
· Knowledge of Simulator System Architecture (major software and hardware components), including aerodynamics (engine and flight dynamics), Control Loading and Motion Cueing systems, Visual Image Generation systems (projection and display systems), Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS)/High Level Architecture (HLA) standards, Semi Automated Force (SAF) simulation, and a strong background in Software Development.
Strong communication skills to include technical writing
Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with the most senior levels of internal staff, management and clients
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to lead and work in a team environment, including remote and virtual teams
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA AL Daleville - 142 Hershal Windham Dr (ALS001)
Additional Work Locations:
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.