General Dynamics Information Technology MS SQL Sys Admin/DBA in Fort Huachuca, Arizona
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Public Trust/Other Required: None
Job Family: Information Security
Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) Server expertise is required. Conduct baseline level system administration and maintenance on the workstations, servers, and network devices that comprise the EEDRS system enclave in both a physical and virtualized environment. This includes creating a new approved baseline, making any changes necessary to meet the current Security Configuration Guide (SCG), and applying patches as required to comply with the current Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) program.
· Review vendor-released updates and patches, determine applicability, and update workstations and servers as necessary. Test the applications on the workstations and servers after applying any patches or upgrades to verify that functionality of the systems has not been affected.
· Maintain the EEDRS Cyber Security posture and determine if system changes affect the validity of its authorization
· Conduct automated scans for Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA), analyze the results of the scans, check for compliancy status, and document the findings
· Perform monthly full backups of each workstation and server in the enclave using the most current and approved method for conducting backups.
· Perform quarterly security reviews using available DISA STIGs to determine applicability and compliance to the EEDRS operating systems, applications, hosts, networking devices, and document the review's results in a STIG Compliance Report Manual checks will be performed for systems that cannot be checked with an automated tool.
· Participate in weekly, biweekly, and monthly meetings such as the Engineering Review Board (ERB), Technical Reviews (TR), System Registration Reviews (SSR), and Integrated Product Team meetings (IPT).
· Provide security incident tracking support. This includes recommending courses of action, providing the necessary support to an intrusion incident, and analyzing real-time or historical intrusion audit data
· Conduct and document vulnerability and risk assessments, making recommendations for eliminating or mitigating deficiencies.
· Have the ability to speak and write, conveying complex ideas, with ease and concisely in support of briefings, writings, or oral presentations.
Must have CISSP or CASP, and requires MS SQL Experience
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Interim/Secret-level security clearance
Prefer a Computing Environment Cert. Certifications include: MCSE/MCDBA but will consider other certs.
Other helpful skills: VMWare, ACAS, WSUS, SCCM
Prefer Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
5+ years of related experience in data security administration.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.