General Dynamics Information Technology Systems Integrator, w/Poly in Herndon, Virginia
Analyzes user needs and performs research and functional analysis on a variety of projects.
Front Office - Systems Integrator
Additional Mandatory Skills:
• Demonstrated experience working with infrastructure engineers across multiple disciplines to ensure the right plan, design and product is being engineered and implemented
• Ability to research and integrate engineering design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities
• Experience developing project briefings, conceptual whitepapers, program planning, and other foundation documents
• Demonstrated experience developing high level requirements, user stories definition, analysis, and documentation in alignment with Agile Methodologies
• Have an understanding of emerging technologies to determine impact on application integration and execution
• The successful candidate will be process-oriented, conceptually driven, and possess the ability to think strategically and work collaboratively in a highly technical setting.
• Strong understanding of IT, from a system engineering/architecture perspective
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills, experience with Microsoft Project, Rally and other scheduling tools, as well as an understanding of the security processes and procedures followed by the IOC/ECG
• Working knowledge and understanding of networks, computer systems, evolving technology, including systems architecture, design & implementation
• Demonstrated experience coordinating & maintaining project schedules
• Demonstrated experience facilitating and conducting formal and/or informal meetings to include briefings with people at various levels of the management chain
• Should be comfortable pointing out inconsistencies, problems, and points of contention with the processes and offer up well thought out recommendations for resolution
• Ability to demonstrate political savvy when dealing with delicate and controversial topics given the visibility of this position.
• Demonstrated experience consuming large amounts of detailed information while spotting things that could potentially fall through the cracks
• Demonstrated experience gathering and organizing information, writing Program documentation in accordance with PMF, ITIL, and System Engineering guidelines.
• Demonstrated experience working seamlessly with contractors of other organizations as well as government types from all walks of life (techies, managers, non-techies, customers, PMs, etc.)
• Ability to work independently.
• Demonstrated experience managing workload effectively (i.e., determine reasonable deadlines for things given the workload and then meeting the deadline).
• Demonstrated experience identifying inconsistencies, problems, and points of contention with the processes and offer up well thought out recommendations for resolution.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding managing and delivering projects leveraging the System engineering life-cycle, as well as the project management life-cycle.
The System Integrator (SI) will work across the organization to establish, maintain, and streamline process and procedures to support engineering and O&M activities of systems, applications, and infrastructure within the organization. The SI will be responsible for working with and across all levels of the organization to facilitate, coordinate, collaborate activities ensuring proper documentation, minutes are captured with decisions and published. The SI will work within the organization to gather and brief metrics, maintain and publish schedules. The SI will facilitate various boards, meetings, and TEMs with established agendas, and support the triage of incidents and requirements. The SI will provide status updates and brief at various boards ensuring that activities, actions, and ad-hoc requests are getting tracked. The SI will proactively look for constant improvement to streamline process and procedures with recommendations to gain efficiency and improve mission support. Provide support to other ad-hoc duties as required and requested by the organization.
Analyzes user needs to determine functional requirements for a wide variety of projects.
Performs technical assessments aimed at improving client systems.
Performs functional allocations to identify tasks and their inter-relationships.
Researches, identifies, and recommends resources required for task execution and completion.
Performs functional modeling based on requirements analysis.
Develops new systems or updates existing systems to meet client needs.
Serves as technical advisor to clients in assigned subject areas, recommends functional changes, and identifies areas for further investigation.
Generates recommendations in the form of technical briefings, reports, and other major documents provided to senior level client personnel.
Consults with clients to determine optimum design for assigned projects.
Identifies emerging relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes and systems.
Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
Directs functional testing of various systems.
Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
Serves as technical team or task lead.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline.
Master's Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.#DPOST#CJPOST#SWDevIC#ISDCJ#ERP
Number of Positions1
Job FunctionProgram Management
Security Clearance LevelTop Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Full/Part TimeFull Time