General Dynamics Information Technology RQ27345 Incident Handler in Leesburg, Virginia
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
General Dynamics Information Technology and CSRA have united to create the premier provider of high-tech IT solutions to the government IT market. Together as General Dynamics Information Technology, we deliver cost-effective, next-generation IT solutions and services to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community and federal civilian agencies as they modernize their information systems.
We are currently seeking an Incident Handler in Leesburg, Va to join our brilliant team. The Incident Handler supports a Civilian Agency Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) organization protecting the network security of tens of thousands of users.
The Information Systems Security Analyst Associate responsibilities include:
• Receive, document, and report cyber security events.
• Categorize incidents and implement corresponding escalation procedures.
• Communicate and coordinate incident response efforts.
• Conduct daily operational update meetings for SOC staff and unscheduled situational update briefings for FAA leaders.
• Analyze reports to understand threat campaign(s) techniques, lateral movements and extract indicators of compromise (IOCs).
• Provide telephone, e-mail and ticket service to customers.
• Reference applicable departmental and operating administration policies in work products
• Access, secure and inspect local classified information processing areas.
Qualities/Additional info: Incident Handler will maintain twenty four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, three hundred sixty five (365) days per year, incident handling capability. Incident Handler must be a proven team player with excellent oral and written communications skills. Incident Handler must be capable of working on projects independently. Frequent interaction with government client is required. Candidate must have previous experience working in a network security incident response team, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC). Infrequent (<5%) local travel, infrequent (<5%) long distance travel.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information systems.
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant professional experience.
In addition to required education or equivalent experience;
- Minimum four (4) years IT experience, with at least one of those years related to network security
• Experience with intrusion detection systems and threat techniques. (Lateral Movement, Rootkits & Toolkits.
• Experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
• Experience with business process reengineering, capability maturity model, change management, or process improvement.
• Exceptional writing and documentation skills.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
US citizenship and ability to obtain Secret clearance required.
BS in IT, Computer Science, or Cyber Security or six years of relevant professional experience
four years IT experience, one of which must be related to network security
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
USA VA Leesburg - 991 Sycolin Rd (VAC048)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.